Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wedding Planning & Dress Confusion

Wedding planning can be a blast, most of the time. But when it all comes together in the end it's worth every ounce of time & work. I actually changed my colors once, my dress choice 3 times, wedding location & time twice! Here's some pictures I ran across from the planning process . . .

Assembling invitations . . . the two of us made an assembly line.
I never thought it would take so long! Oh, and finding people's addresses
and stamping & licking envelopes is time consuming too!


This is me @ Brett's house, putting our pictures together for our slideshow. We had so many pictures, and Brett's mom actually paid for the slideshow, so she had to pay extra just because of how many pictures we had. But it turned out really cute!

This is my first wedding gown that I almost ordered, only in the ivory color not white. I absolutely loved it. The problem started when I started to notice that a whole lot of other people liked this "rueshed" or bunched style, including my cousin Laci. I hadn't attended her wedding, but when I saw pictures of her beautiful dress, I decided to do something different. Didn't want to copy :) But I so did love this one . . .
This is the second dress I gravitated to. It wasn't in stock yet, because it was a new design. I had only seen it in a catalogue but really liked the Cinderella, poofy princess look of it. Also loved the corset detail in the back, and I don't know if you can see it in the pic but it also has layers of lace all over. When it came in stock & I tried it on, I decided against it. Some things are just very different in person, and when worn on a different person.
This was my final dress (yes these two pictures are of me). I loved this dress becaue it was unique. It has an amazing, big, pleated train and lots of beaded detailing. Believe it or not though, I actually had the style of dress changed. But this is the finished product. Too bad you pay so much money just for them to sit in a closet, eh? And by the way some of my indecisive-ness on this issue was due to the fact that I worked in a bridal store and had the opportunity to try on & look at any dress I wanted, any day!
Oh, and this dress was due to come out a couple of months after my wedding. In all honesty, and I know this is bad, but I almost think I would have chosen this one, had I had the choice. But it wasn't even in stores yet. And I do still love my real dress :)























0 comments: