Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bridal Shower . . . July 2008


Brett's Grandma Malachowski really wanted to throw me a bridal shower, so her & my mother in law did it. They did such an awesome job, but that's only to be expected considering Brett's grandma spent months planning it, doing things such as tying little ribbons around mini sawns necks (they held the favors) crocheting (spell) dresses for birdemaids dolls & bride, finding games, making little prizes, ect. She is so cute. Brett's mom hosted the party & invited tons, I mean tons of friends & family. Brett's Aunt Dara & kids came all the way from Missouri for it, because they couldn't make it for the wedding. Brett's other Aunt Cindy & kids came too, along with Brett's other Grandma Barbara. So it was a house full of people. And the kids even helped to decorte. Janet also ordered a cute cake with our picture on it & bought balloons to tie on my chair. I am so grateful for both of them for doing this & many other things for us. The guys were all supposed to go downstairs & play pool or watch movies in the theater, but somehow they never made it down there! So there were a few awkward presents to open in front of guys, but we mainly got loads of kitchen & home stuff. Seriously, we got a housefull of presents, all of the presents filled half of Brett's room & some of the pantry. I also got my ring back that very same day. If you're wondering what I mean, my diamond was loose & they couldn't tighten it, so they had to make me a brand new ring. It took a month or so for them to make it, and I was so excited that it came in just in time for the shower. We had a great time & are so thankful for everyone's thoughtfulness. Thanks Janet & Camille!!
















Me & my new ring, finally!



Kylee helping me open one of the many presents


The pretty little dolls Brett's Grandma Camille
made--she is so sweet!



Me with some of our presents. Including the deep fryer
Janet & Chris got us so I can make yummy eggrolls!
!

Brett's cousins & I watching "Little Mermaid" before the guests came.

Brett & I

The kids deorated this banister. Cute.

One of the games Camille thought up.





























0 comments: