Tuesday, February 24, 2009

September 27, 2008

September 27, 2008 is when Brett & I got married. We were engaged for a whopping 9 months, and while it made planning easier, I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone! It is just way too much time for anyone to be scrutinizing tiny details that one day really won't matter (i.e. the flavors of each cake teir, the exact green color for the linens, ties, ect, exactly what time the flower girls will strut down the aisle . . .) I'm sure Brett will never forget the days of me stressing over the tiny stuff, or falling asleep during movies from thinking too hard. But I still enjoyed planning the whole thing, none the less. I even had a little, well big, binder that I hauled around with tips, pointers, do's and donts', plus all of my vendor info & color samples & everything else. But, as I learned, you can only be in control & plan for so long because when that big day finally comes, you're just along for the ride, and you just have to hope that everyone else follows "the plan". What I will say is that it is actually kinda sad, I mean I spent so much time planning & worrying that everything wouldn't be "just right", I kinda lost sight of what I was planning, ya know? And it's something I kinda lost sight of until like the day of, and then it was like, " oh yeah, I'm marrying the guy of my dreams today, I love him, I'm so excited I can barely stand it, and who cares if my hair is perfect or the DJ doesn't play the right songs or heaven forbid it should rain? I get to marry him today, and life goes on beyond today!"
Speaking of rain, on that day, the clouds were threatening us. And it was something to worry about, because we had planned an outdoor wedding. Months before had I had found a website (something to do with NASA maybe?) which could tell you aprx. how the weather would be on any given day in the future, along with what time the sun would set in your area, ect. I followed it like a religion and was assured it wouldn't even sprikle. Yet coem September 27, the skies were cloudy & stormy looking, and throughout the day I would just keep chanting, please don't rain, please don't rain, please . . . It actually sprinkled a few hours before, way to go weather people, as usual! Luckily it did not rain during the ceremony.
I was also running a little late for my own wedding, everyone was waiting & ready & I was still trying to shove my dress on . . . but as my photographer reminded me, they really couldn't start without me. And after all the months of planning, everything really did turn out "perfect" and beautiful. I mean yeah, the cake was slightly crooked, I wasn't really happy with my hair, and we didn't get all that specific pictures we wanted, but it was perfect anyway. I will never forget how his face looked as I walked down the aisle, it may sound cliche but he was all I could see. And Judge Eves did such a wonderful job with the ceremony. My most favorite part of the day was the ceremony, and after it was said and done, Brett & I walked back down the aisle & we had that little moment, that feeling of, "We did it!" --though it wasn't quite suken in yet!(See picture 1 above)
After that the evening was even more of a whirlwind, we didn't get one bite of the food, I didn't get a gulp of the lemonade or whatever it was. The one thing I did get a bit of was the cake. And by the way, we made a pact not to shove it in each others faces! Of course the crowd told us to though! But we walked away clean. And the cake was so good! Hope our frozen piece still tastes good in 6 months! lol Our first dance was to "Pretty Lady" by Kalai. It was beautiful. The bridesmaids were beautiful & I still love their dresses, and they all helped me so much that day (and the night before--Cami! Cami stayed up until well past 1:00 am the night before, creating flowergirl baskets & giving advice) with everything from decorating to support to helping with my huge train. But even 5 months later, while it was all beautiful, I couldn't be happier than knowing that I truly am his now, and we have our new little life together with more adventures to come.

1 comments:

Luke and Bridget said...

I found you!! Your wedding pictures are beautiful! Such a cute couple! Glad to see that you are happy and well! :D