Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My 21st Birthday--July 23, 2008







The same week as my family bridal shower was my 21st birthday. Ever seen the movie enchanted? I freaking love it lol so Janet bought me an ice cream cake with an "Enchanted" picture on it. We had enchilladas (yum!) & I opened some presents. Brett went shopping for my presents that very day, which is typical (he'll tell mehe does it so that I won't find out what they are, but I know better). Anyhow he got me a new digital camera & a memory card that holds 700 pictures (no joke), so sweet! The funny thing is that I am always begging for a puppy. Badly want one. So he thought it would be funny to leave my present outside. He came in & got me & told me it couldn't wait, I had to "open" my present early & that it was outside. I was thinking maybe, just maybe he got me a little puppy! We head ouside & sitting on the porch is my new camera in a Wal-Mart bag, along with Mac-n-Cheese crackers. Nice wrap job honey! He got me the crackers 'cause I saw them on t.v. & wanted to try them. The crackers were kinda sick, camera was great. Thanks honey! He told me afterward that he considered wrapping my presents in a blanket with a little leash hanging out. Cruel, don't push your luck, hon. Funny story about being 21 . . . . So Brett's family & I were at AppleBees one night. I decided I wanted to order a "beverage" just for the sake of ordering it. I told the nice waiter that I wanted a Mudslide. Looking confused he says, "Oh do you mean you want a sundae?" I said, "No, I want that mudslide right there." Still looking confused he says, "You mean a virgin mudslide?" I then repiled, "No, I don't want a virgin. I want that one." Looking troubled, he finally asks for my i.d. It was pretty hillarious, but not too surprising since I look young for my age.

0 comments: