Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Take me out to . . .

The Ball Game! A couple of months ago Janet asked Brett & I if we'd like to go to a Dodgers game in Cali. I have never been to a major league game, so of course we said yes! The trip doubled as a visit to Brett's Grandma Barbara too.

*I am having trouble placing pics so you will have to scroll down to see them*

We were a little concerned about bringing Jewels, in the months before the game we were hoping she'd be potty-trianed fully so we could bring her. Well she had it down pretty good come June so she got to come! I will admit she gets car-sick, so the vet gave us some pills, but I just didn't want to drug her unless she was miserable. Plus you have to like fast the puppy for 2 hours so we decided to see how she'd do without it. I put her in her little bed, in the back seat, and she just kinda laid down, for a while. But right before Mequitte she puked. And I know this sounds gross, but she didn't eat it, either (usually they do). So come the next rest stop, I was scrubbing a doggy bed and trying to give little Jewels water. I felt so bad for her. After that she did absolutely wonnderful, she didn't go to the bathroom at all (it was like she was in hibernation) and she jst slept on my lap the entire drive. I swear 90% of the time she really is the best little dog. Oh, and I don't wish to have the nick-name "Paris" but I bought a little puppy bag to put her in. I never thought I would put a puppy in a bag but seriously, it is WAY handy. On the way we stopped at Del Taco (Brett's parents stopped too) and brought her in in her bag. It is kinda discreet, except when she pokes her head or butt out lol. So Janet came over to Brett & was like, "You can't have her in here!"laughing her head off. But I told her people bring their dogs through Bullochs all the time & if they ask us to take her outside we will, but we were in Baker & I wasn't about to leave her in a hot car. It was pretty funn though, 'cause I think Jewels has intuition, she really looked like she was trying to be good & keep her head down. No one said anything, and she just sat at my feet while we ate.



Once we got to Brett's grandmas it was really fun. She is so sweet, she was actually flying back from Florida as we made our way to California, yet she still found time to make up all of the beds a week in advance so it'd all be ready when we got there.



OH and they have a huge black lab named Charly, and Jewels is so afraid of dogs. People, she will meet & greet, just loves anyone who comes to the door & thinks they are there to see her. Dogs, forget it, she will cry. After weeks of being a chicken she had just gotten used to Brett's family dog, a yellow lab, Shanai who is about 12 years old. She frequently chases her around the house barking & taunting, begging to play (and Jewels is a 2.5 lb Chihuahua mix). But Shanai is just too old. So we thought she'd be scared of Charly too, and Janet & Brandma Barbara thought Charly might try to eat her, and she was scared, at first. But the next day they were the best of friends, chasing each other everywhere. Until Jewels would decide she was sick of him smelling her & tease & dive somewhere she knew he couldn't fit, or job on the couch, as if to say, "Ha ha". It was just like a baby sister & big brother, 85 lb. Charly just couldn't understand why he couldn't get on the couch too, and would try. Jewels is such a little instigator, she would actually sit on someone's lap & paw his face and snap. Brave little dog.



Also apparently a lot of "gang-banging" has been going on in the parking lots of the games, and I was so scared! So I asked Brett's mom if we could ride with them to the actual game. Hello it is in LA! Brett's brother Matt thinks I'm kinda a freak, and maybe I am, but I just can't help it! As we got out of the Denali I was like "Hope your rims are still here when we get back." And Brett's response was, "You have to take off the wheels to that on this car, the wheels & the rim are the same thing." Which made me feel pretty dumb.



But anyway . . .The baseball game was a lot funner than I thought it would be, it is so much different to be there in person! And we saw a classic ball-game proposal . . . during the "kiss me" stuff . . . so cute! We of course ate "Dodger Dogs", but sadly our weren't grilled all the way. I didn't know that was the norm until hours after we had had ours, and I looked over and saw another person's, and theirs looked way better. But oh well you have to have a hot dog at a baseball game! Sadly, the team we were there for lost, but it was still fun! Oh, and Brett's grandma made a HUGE breakfast (she always does) the morning of the game, so yummy!

Don't mind the sick glasses, I had ordered my contacts like a week before and do you think they got here in the "two-three days"? Nope.


Dodgers









Brett's family, they had way closer, way more expensive seats then us, but we were happy anyway :) At least we could see the whole game without binoculars & could read the score! ha
Dodger dogs . . .The crazy-busy traffice on the way out of the parking lot afterwards. Looks like Christmas.
Jewels cooped up in Charly's ginormous cage while we ate breakfast. No, Charly is not in there too.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your trip looks like it was amazing! Baseball is the best ever! Of course... Yankees are the greatest! :)

Brett & Shae Malachowski said...

I like the Yankees too, would have been awesome to go to one of their games :)