Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jewels


Our little puppy, Jewels. Her birthday is February 9, of this year & we got her almost exactly 2 months later. She's the first little addition to our family & we just love her. We got her from Brett's Aunt Julie, and when she was offered we actually went home without her. It took the whole next day of me begging & telling Brett it wasn't such a big deal, and if you have read previous posts you know I have been asking him for a puppy forever. Brett was just scared, really. Well we finally went to get her & she stole Brett's heart almost right away. I often remind him how he once said, "I just don't want a little puppy running around here." The next couple of weeks were a little tough, waking up with her in the middle of the night (puppies can supposedly be a little bit like new borns, I'm told), but I didn't even care. Little Jewelzie has grown up so fast & I didn't even notice! Looking at some of these pictures from just a few months ago, I can see the changes. She is no longer quite as fuzzy, both ears have perked up (they were half perked when we got her, so cute. They went from that to one up one down). Also, she isn't pudgy like she was when she was super little. She has such a funny little personality, she knows the word "No" and is usually pretty darn good, but will also "tell you off" if she doesn't want you tell her no. She is a very quick learner. And she can play a little too rough sometimes! She also has "little dog syndrome", she doesn't always seem to get how small she is. She often, well all the time, is jumping on her little hind legs, usually to try to see things, or just for no reason at all. She really loves lying on the top of our couch to look out the window & wait for Brett to come home. She has fallen off the couch before with excitement because she saw his car! & nestling her little body or nose into small places. She used to be afraid of stairs but loves them now & is always trying to find a way to run up them. She LOVES kids & meeting new people, everyone that comes to the door, even if it is the "cleaner salesmen", mailman, whoever she thinks they her best friend. She is so good with not begging for food too much! She gets frustrated and will let out a bark every now and then, but tries so hard to stay back, away from the food. She gets car sick & alergies. She her weekly bath & blow-dry (I have to, I won't have my house smell like wet Jewelzie!) She loves cuddling and nestling her body & nose in small places. She loves to scurry underneath small places such as trunks, the bed, anything she can work her way under, almost like it's a playhouse. She even seems to enoy being zipped up in my jacket. She follows us both around the house, our little shadow, and yells at me when I come out of the bathroom 'cause I wouldn't let her in. She is so attachted to Brett, when she was little we had a baby gate in our old house to block of the living room, so that we could keep an eye on her. Brett would come home, step over the gate, and there she would wait crying, jumping & whining for her pal to come & say hello to her. As a matter of fact the two of them are napping together right now. She loves belly rubs too. Sometimes we aren't sure weather she is a cat(she makes wierd whiney noises resembling a meow), bunny(she hops constantly), mouse or dog, but we just love her, all 2 & 1/2 lbs of her!




No this is not her puppy purse, I just put her in mine to see if she'd stay

Blurry, I know but this is her trying to run up the stairs at our new house.

Bundled up like a burrito, snuggling. She actually thinks this huge down blanket is hers, and freaks out jumping all over it whenever we get it out.



Yes we were finished with the box!

Sometimes she gets a little bit picked on & dressed up when we get antsy waiting for Brett to stop doign weights.


She really loved that duck.







Mister, "I really don't want a puppy."
















She really just like to try to rip her scarf, not wear it.









But it sure is cute, when I can get it on her.








That duck used to be bigger than her! She thought it was her buddy, and I am not lying I SWEAR she used to hump it! Honest! We had to get rid of her best friend because he was all torn-up & she started to eat the cotton. Bye, lover.














Also, she thinks she is way viscious. She hates it when I clap, I dont really know why, but it is really funny.










See how pudgy she was!














Very first picture. I had her wrapped in a towel on the way home because I was so afraid she would pee on me lol












0 comments: