Friday, July 17, 2009

And all I got . . .

Were these dorky shoes: So, today I told Brett that I needed to go shopping for some new shoes for my job. The little number you see above is what I am supposed to wear, I guess. I don't know, I just never fell into that trend, I don't love them on me. I feel kinda dorky. They are uber comfy though. But while shopping of course I tried on a dozen + other shoes . . . I have an addiction. But since Brett was with me I did good & only bought what I came for. Not to mention it sure helped that he ket reminding me just exactly why were out & about shopping. But my birthday is next week so I have been making sure to point out what I want, and my sizes . . . in everything from shoes to aprons to clothes . . . actually he can just get me gift cards. Or nothing at all I still love him, well him & those Steve Madden shoes I tried on today . . . Hello, my name is Shae Malachowski, and I am a shopaholic, as Brett makes sure to point out to me.


Also today we went on a very long hike/run/walk with Jewels which made us feel very good & tired! Except for of course Jewels she is still wired, I thought for sure it would wear her out! Brett even had the bright idea to climb up these off roading-made hills . . . there was so much gravel! I am such a chicken and it wasn't about the incline it was about all the gravel I am a clutz & knowing me I was sure to loose my footing and roll down the hill jack & jill style! Once we made it to the top though, that was a whole other story! The whole falling down the hill was the same, the fear greater. Brett kept telling me, "to just run down it, so I will not fall" HA. With so much loose gravel that it looks like a rock river, you expect me to "just run down it" without totally biffing it on my face? He then proceeded to run down it several times with Jewels in toe (I had her leash earlier but she got frustrated with me, she started barking to run down with Brett. Traitor) They were happy to show me about 3 times how I should just run down it. I considered going down on my butt, but who am I kidding that would hurt too. That sucker was steep. Oh, and let's not forget the creepy guy in the red shirt who was outside his door watching our every move, or the family sitting on their porch. What a view. And Brett made sure to point them out and how they probably thought I was retarded. Well I would look retarded even more so falling down the dang thing. In the end, after watchig the impressive though not too convincing demonstrations, I opted for an alternate route, side stepped most the way down & 3 feet from the bottom, "ran down it". And creeper guy in the red shirt was watching all the while. Hello, my name is Shae and I am also a woose . . .

On the way home we got an icee, counter-productive? I felt bad for the poor girl . . . she can't have been getting too many orders all the way our there, it was in a random spot! It's across from Fiddlers movie theater & that car wash. They should have put it by Wal-Mart not to mention she was basically sweating to death. The Icee stand was actually my very frist job, but this gal had a fan, and a tv with a dvd player! Oh, and we found out that she is only going to be a Junior in high school and the brand new yellow chevy cobalt was thanks to her "daddy". Right about then I started to not feel quite so bad for her :)

But, it was a fun walk! Jewels made some mexican friends by the park & got some cat-calls from numerous dogs in the backs of trucks. And behind fences. And she even got to play in the gutter with the running water, which she tried to chase! Oh boy, I feel a bath time coming on . . .

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never tried those shoes either. I bet they are pretty good. It like you had an adventure today! Your puppy seems to keep you busy! And just so you kow, I would have stood at the top of that hill too! I am not one to just go racing down and rolling on my face. Been there...done that. I don't know if brett told you about me roller blading accident but I sliced off one side of my face. It healed, but I never forgot it. So, you are not a woose. I think you just have a lot of sense! :)