Friday, July 10, 2009

Lots of Changes!



SO! Brett & I have been going through some changes lately! A big one being that we just moved into a brand new town home on July 2nd. And we love it! It is so wonderful not to be elbow to elbow with each other! Our first married house was SUPER tiny. Literally no room to walk, one bathroom, but we were happy just to be with each other! And now we are happy for more space! Our new house has three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath, a beautiful kitchen & a fun, young neighborhood. And so much more storage! I will post pictures later, when it is all put together & looking cuter. And, oh yeah, it is right next to the hospital. Which is another one of our recent "changes" . . .


I got a new job! I was working at Comforts of Home, a local home decor store (kinda similar to Tai Pan, only not huge, not cheap and not as amazing!). I love Bullochs, (the Drug Store that also owns my home decor store), I will so miss all of my friends there, the discount, and seeing all the new merchandise. I'm actually a certfied phlebotomist (people who draw blood) but haven't been able to find a job doing that. So I was staing at Bullochs, but, I just wasn't full time, and had no benefits, and it just wasn't a "forever" job. So about a month ago I applied at Valley View for a Central Processing Tech job. They clean, sterilize, package all of the surgical insruments. AND you get to watch some of the surgeries. Well I didn't hear anything for weeks, and then I got called for an interview for last week. Turns out the manager had gone on vacation! I went to my interview and thought I really sucked, and couldn't sleep the night after, I thought I did so bad. But a few days later, I got a call saying I got it! I am so excited, and yes, I know I am very blessed, fortunate to have gotten it. HR told me that there was a pretty big pool of people going for it. And, as a lot of you may know, my mother-in-law works there. But that is not entirely why I got it. Keep in mind I had to interview fr myself! It is full time, and much more than Bullochs, and benefits, which is awesome. I am stoked to learn something new, I can even get certified. I just went to my orientation today & let me tell you, Intermountain seems like a really wonderful place to work, it was neat to learn about the history. And they really take care of their employees. I am hoping this job leads to even bigger and better things, and because they offer tuition reimbursement, I can also go back to school for Surgical Tech, which I have been interseted in. And, this job opens a door for Scrub Tech because I will get to learn a lot of stuff that they do too. Anyway, just wanted to share the good news! And if not share at least document it in our "journal". All for now, wish me luck!

0 comments: