Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wedding Updates/Birthday

Brett & I went to a family friend's baby's first birthday on Sunday. Oh my goodness he is so sweet & cute! So chubby! We got him a little leap frog musical letters counting drum thing and he seemed to like it & everything else! Including the cake he had a ball! Was trying to share it with grandma & daddy while mom stayed back to stay clean! I know we're not married yet but when I see the babies I just melt and say to Brett "we're going to have on eof those someday, huh?" Don't worry though not for a couple of years! However I do say the same thing whenever I see puppies in the Wal-Mart parking lot and Brett literally has to drag me away. And then we realize I have to put the puppy down! lol!

Well what can I say wedding plans are in swing, not quite full swing yet, though! We just got our invitations in the mail & it took me literally two hours just to assemble 23 of them. No joke. But I'm excited & think they're way cute!

My second bridal shower is this Saturday. A couple of friends threw one for me a couple months ago and now this one is being thrown by Brett's Grandma Malachowski. And just so you know that will soon be my last name! Can I just tell you that his grandma is TOO sweet?! She's pretty much been planning this showe since we got engaged in January. She's been doing everything from crocheting (sp?) wedding and bridesmaids dresses for dolls to making mini glass swan favors filled with candy. She's even putting a picture of us on the cake! I'm not entirely sure what all she has planned for Saturday but I'm most excited! Brett must be a favorite (jk!) or something because she spoils me too much, I mean hello she got me a sewing machine for an engagement present! I just love her!

So, update on my ring for those of you who are wondering. It's been gone for about a month and half, I think. What happened pretty much much sucks. There had been a few problems with it like diamonds poping out and a loose prong. I felt like I was always bothering the jewlery people to fix something or other! Anyway, the day before we were suppossed to go & get bridals & engagements I look down and notice that a prong is broken in half!!! Needless to say I could not go & have bridals taken without it so Brett took it in after we got back. They said, first of all, that the other girl that has my same ring has been having problems too! That they talked to the company that made it & they said that the rings had been made from a plastic mold & apparently you can only make so many rings from a plastic mold before they start turning out bad. Also the company/designer looked at the ring & realized that the ring had bad diamonds in it too! I had noticed the side diamonds looking dark sometimes but thought I just didn't take care to clean it enough! Nope! I guess that the company said that they had been buying diamonds from this certain guy for like 10 years so they stopped checking the quality of diamonds. Turns out that the guy sold them some diamonds & told them they were better quality than they were! So anyway they are making me a completely new ring. I have been waiting and waiting & after all this time I decided to go in & ask when my ring would be finished & shipped. They said this week! I am so happy! I miss it! It was getting awkward because people would be like "We heard you were en . . . . " and then glance and my ring finger and stop. And then I'd have to be like, "Oh! Yeah, we're engaged, my ring is broke . . ." and then they're like, "Oh, we just weren't ure if it was official or not . . . under the radar . . ." SO I am so excited cause I felt dumb! Maybe Brett will have to propose again since it is a brand new ring!

Um . . . flower girl dresses ! Well I've been very bad with that! I have only made one & not even put the zipper in yet! But I think it is cute! I am just praying it will fit her & not look silly!

Brett's mom has offered to pay some guy to do our wedding slide . . . the one with baby pictures. It costs 250! Expensive if you ask me but it's way kind of her & it takes the stress off of us trying to make one or pay someone. Even though it is not rocket science it gives me one less thing to worry about. I'm grateful that she's helping us! Whew!

OH! Yeah my 21 first birthday is tommorow! Acutually less than an hour from now since it's past 11! I'm excited! I know I say that a lot! I have to go & get a new licsence because mine expires tommorow. I wish there were more you could do than buy alcohol or gamble. But it is fun to be older! And I think I can buy dry ice now? Not sure!

I drive by our soon to be first home every chance I get. I hope the kids that live there right now don't think I'm stalkng but I am so enthusiastic about making our first little home together! It has a yard, is small but cute! Let's just hope I don't make the kids that are there feel awkward . . . I don't think they notice, and it's not like I'm peaking the windows but it's still kinda funny. I wonder if once we move in I'll just drive by & look at it wistfully because that's waht I'm used to doing. Ha ha . . .

0 comments: